Currently open: Tertiary Access Payment
For all students who completed Year 12 last year (2020)
The payment assists outer regional and remote school leavers with the increased costs associated with relocating to a new city to undertake tertiary study and provides support for the first year of study. The payment will contribute towards living and educational expenses and is valued at $5,000. You must be accessing tertiary study in the year immediately following their completion of Year 12 or equivalent and you must be enrolled full time in an undergraduate program of study at the university.
To be eligible students must:
- be an Australian Citizen, Permanent Residents, Permanent Humanitarian Visa Holder, or be a New Zealand Citizen meeting the Australian Residency rules under section 7 of the Social Security Act 1991
- be from an outer-regional, remote or very remote area (go to Student Regional Area Search tool to check your area)
- be relocating to study at the university (The University campus must be at least 90 minutes by public transport from your home)
- be accessing tertiary study in the year immediately following your completion of Year 12 or equivalent
- be commencing an undergraduate program of study at the University of Adelaide, the University of South Australia or Flinders University in semester 1, 2021 – must be studying face to face, for at least part of the degree
- be undertaking full time study
- demonstrate financial hardship – the parent/guardian(s) must have a combined annual income of less than $250,000 per annum.
Students need to apply directly to their university. Further information pertaining to each university is detailed below. Please note that all 3 universities have different closing dates.
UNIVERSITY OF ADELAIDE
Applications close at 5pm, Friday 26 February 2021.
Further information and the application form can be found at https://scholarships.adelaide.edu.au/Scholarships/undergraduate/all-faculties/tertiary-access-payment
If you have any questions please contact the Coursework Scholarships Office by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 8313 3413.
UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH AUSTRALIA
Applications close Friday 5 March 2021
Further information and application form can be found at https://i.unisa.edu.au/students/scholarships/undergraduate-scholarships/TAP/
If you have any questions contact Campus Central by email email@example.com or phone 1300 301 703.
Applications close Friday 27 March 2021
Further information and application form can be found at www.flinders.edu.au/scholarships-system/index.cfm/scholarships/display/b021d10
If you have any questions please contact Amy Kreci on 8201 2984 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Adelaide University Scholarships for regional students COMMENCING study in 2021
Adelaide University has contacted us with information about a number of scholarships open to commencing and continuing students this year. Applications are due this Friday, 26 February 2021.
Hilda and Sandy Anderson Scholarship
Available to students commencing study this year in the Faculty of Engineering (Electrical, Electronic, Mechanical, Civil, Chemical, Environmental, Biomedical), students commencing Dentistry, Medicine, Nursing, and Psychology, and students commencing in the Faculty of Science (Agricultural Science, Physical Science and Bioscience).
JE Jenkins Scholarship
Available to students commencing and continuing students in Bachelor of Agricultural Sciences, Bachelor of Social Sciences, Bachelor of Arts (Sociology) or Bachelor of Sociology and residing in a residential college.
Follow the links to apply. Please contact Sarah if you need help with your application.