Job Title: Baby and Toddler Swimming Instructor
Role Type: Casual
Location: iSwim @ Immanuel – Immanuel College Sports Centre, 32 Morphett Rd, Novar Gardens SA
At iSwim, we strive to provide high-quality swimming lessons to babies and toddlers, helping them develop water confidence, essential survival skills, and a lifelong love for swimming. Our experienced team of instructors is passionate about creating a safe, fun, and supportive environment for young children to explore the wonders of the water.
We are seeking a dedicated and enthusiastic Baby and Toddler Swimming Instructor to join our team at iSwim. As an instructor, you will play a vital role in nurturing a child’s love for swimming while teaching them important water safety skills. Your primary focus will be on providing engaging and progressive swimming lessons for babies and toddlers between the ages of 6 months to 3 years.
– Conduct swimming lessons in accordance with our established curriculum, ensuring a safe and positive learning environment for all children.
– Communicate and connect with children and their parents or caregivers to establish trust and foster a love for swimming.
– Teach basic swimming techniques and water safety skills, gradually progressing to more advanced skills as children develop.
– Monitor and assess children’s progress, providing constructive feedback and implementing strategies for improvement as needed.
– Demonstrate proper swimming techniques and safety practices to ensure the safety of all participants.
– Ensure the cleanliness and maintenance of swimming equipment and pool area.
– Adhere to all safety regulations, protocols, and guidelines at all times.
– Current South Australian Working with Childrens Check mandatory before start.
– Hold a valid and current AustSwim or Swim Australia Teacher of Infant and Preschool Aquatics qualification or willing to obtain.
– Current CPR certification or willing to obtain.
– Experience working with babies, toddlers, or young children in a teaching or coaching capacity.
– Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to engage with children, parents, and colleagues effectively.
– Compassionate, patient, and enthusiastic attitude toward teaching children.
– Ability to adapt teaching methods to suit individual needs and developmental stages.
– Excellent observational skills to identify and address individual child progress.
– Flexibility to work weekends and weekdays, with flexible hours required to accommodate our clientele’s needs.
Salary and Benefits:
– Competitive hourly wage based on skills and experience.
– Ongoing training and professional development opportunities.
– Supportive, friendly, and cooperative work environment.
– Opportunity to positively impact a child’s development and create lifelong water enthusiasts.
Note: Applications from candidates who do not meet the qualification requirements or fail to provide the necessary certifications will not be considered.
TO APPLY-press here